how do we know he started in 1925? Me_Potter_Fan 02:34, 31 January 2008 (UTC)
- Not sure. I'll check through some sources and get back to you. - Cavalier One(Wizarding Wireless Network) 08:16, 31 January 2008 (UTC)
The infobox is Gryffindor. Do we have any proof that he is a Gryffindor? --Freakatone 01:12, 18 March 2008 (UTC)
- No - changed to character infobox. Thanks for pointing it out. - Cavalier One(Wizarding Wireless Network) 08:24, 18 March 2008 (UTC)
- Not likely... Unless, of course, we can get one picure of Alfred Burke playing him. -- Seth Cooper (Owl Post) 04:12, 4 July 2009 (UTC)
Dippet in CoS film
While searching for Dippet in the Diary scene in CoS, I came across this wizard. The individual's facial expression strikes me as Burke's, as seen in this pic. Does it seem like Albert Burke to you? -- 00:10, November 28, 2009 (UTC)
- Bumping. -- 15:54, November 28, 2009 (UTC)
- It's definately him. Jayden Matthews 16:32, November 28, 2009 (UTC)
For how many years was Dippet headmaster? All I know is that he was drring 1943 and died in 1995. would he have been headmaster too the marauders? Or was Dumbledor the headmaster to them?
- Dumbledore became Headmaster before the Marauders, b/c he had the Whomping Willow and Shrieking Shack built for Remus Lupin. --JKoch(Owl Me!) 05:57, March 9, 2010 (UTC)
Hogwarts 1st Year
Hogwarts year. With an October birthday wouldn't he have been sorted in 1649? You have to be 11 to go to hogwarts and he would not have turned 11 until October of 1648. Chaos9001 (talk) 17:21, November 20, 2012 (UTC)
- That's quite right; I've changed it. -- 18:22, November 20, 2012 (UTC)
Who says Dippet is dead?
Rowling have stated that the portraits on the Headmaster's Office is deceased individuals, true enough, but it isn't like Rowling haven't contradicted herself before. I don't see why his portrait in the office proves anything, seen as the portraits are there to advise the current Headmaster and Dippet's portrait would be just as valuable and useful when he retired. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs).
Was Armando a Ravenclaw?
Like professor Black, who is described as wearing clothing with the colours of Slytherin House, Armando wears the colours of Ravenclaw House, and since Rowling was in on making the movies, its possibly a hint? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs).
Year of birth
I read somewhere that the year Armando was born was based on a annual figures painted his portrait. But as far as I know, when it's a annual figures on portraits without further given info, it usually refer to the year the portrait was painted, not the year the person shown in the painting was born. How do we know he was born in October, anyway? Which canon sources is there? User:Simen Johannes Fagerli
- In the film, on the Evening Prophet dated 1 September, 1992, it stated that Dippet was due to take the ancient age flying test in October of that year for his 355th birthday (see this image). 1992-355=1637. --Hunnie Bunn (talk) 01:29, July 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Can someone copy the picture and ring out the place where it is stated please? Can't see it. User:Simen Johannes Fagerli
I see you, but I don't see that on the picture. User:Simen Johannes Fagerli