Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Being consistant is good
I don't know which is correct, but...
Aberforth Dumbledore was Ariana's older and favourite brother.
Albus Dumbledore was Ariana's eldest brother.
- I'm not quite sure what you're getting at, but both passages are correct. Aberforth was older than Ariana, and Albus was the eldest of the three siblings. Nick O'Demus 21:38, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, learn your comparative and superlative forms. "Older" compares two (in this case Aberforth and Ariana) and "eldest" compares more than two (in this case, the three Dumbledore siblings). Kriuteon 23:52, April 19, 2010 (UTC)
"...violently assaulted her..."
We don't know anything for sure. J.K. purposely left out what they did to her (personally, I think it was rape, which would explain why she left it out) but still, I won't put that because it was not told what actually happened. We don't know they violently assaulted her, for all we know, they could have called her names. This is all that is said about what happened: "They forced their way through the hedge, and when she couldn't show them the trick, they got a bit carried away trying to stop the little freak doing it." I suggest we rewrite this part. Othatzsokewl 18:40, March 13, 2010 (UTC)
- Well first, why would they rape her? They were only boys about Ariana's age (at least that is what JKR leads us to believe). They probably just beat her up really bad.--L.V.K.T.V.J.(Send an owl!) 18:45, March 13, 2010 (UTC)
Firstly, it was strongly intimated that it was rape that unbalanced Ariana so severely, and the fact that the particulars were NOT discussed pretty much proves it. And children do things like that too,,, yes, they do. Sad but true.
But, what brought me here to edit was that it states Ariana is a 'half-blood' witch. Percival and Kendra were wizard and witch respectively, so how can it be that their daughter Ariana, younger sister to Aberforth and Albus, both wizards, could possibly be a half-blood? Bad screw up here folks,,, fix it.
Lets get something straight here. 1 pureblood + 1 pureblood = pureblood children 1 pureblood(Percival Dumbledore) + 1 muggleborn (Kendra Dumbledore; check page 155 of the Deathly Hallows) = 1 HALF BLOOD
ARIANA DUMBLEDORE IS A HALF BLOOD!! AS IS ALBUS AND ABERFORTH.
This is the same equation we use when realizing Harry is a halfblood.
If you could create an entire population of purebloods by mating with muggleborns, there would be no general class issue, would there?
22.214.171.124 06:03, April 11, 2010 (UTC)blv
Arian was not a half-blood witch, she was full blooded (pure blood) if you will keeping it contextual. Her father Percival was a wizard, her mother Kendra was a witch, both her brothers, Albus and Alberforth were wizards. She was NOT a hal-blood witch.
- First, the Kendra Dumbledore was Muggle-Born making all of her children half-bloods. See: Blood purity. Second, it is not suggested that she was raped. She was nine or ten at the time, and if her muggle attackers were trying to force her to recreate the magic she was doing, how would raping her accomplish that. It is most likely that she was physically beaten, but to read any more than that into it is not kosher. --JKoch(Owl Me!) 10:18, April 11, 2010 (UTC)
- I think that they started with maybe physical beating. "...got a bit carried away trying to stop the little freak doing it." I think that they started just beating her to make her stop, and then raped her. It doesn't say what age the boy were, they could have been seventeen or eighteen for all we know, and it seems likely that Alberforth would call anyone that age boy. Also, judging from Ron and Hermione's reactions, I think it was rape. (Ariana was also a half blood)126.96.36.199 10:40, May 22, 2012 (UTC)
I (reluctantly) agree that she was likely raped. We do never learn the age of the boys, and even at 13 or 14 they would be physically capable of performing the act. Compounded on that is her symptoms: a beating alone would not produce the results that are described. Why would Percival Dumbeldore's use (speculation alert) the Cruciatus Curse on them if they just beat her? Her refusal to use magic indicates that she suffers from PTSD, and after the event, she associated using magic with the trauma of the event, which I cant imagine happening if she was only beaten. Her symptoms do somewhat match Umbridge's, who we "know" was raped by the centaurs. Dr. Galenos (talk) 15:50, November 21, 2013 (UTC)
A photo of Ariana can be seen on the left at 5:46:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jAwqxsi47w. Not only does this provide a proper picture of her, now we know for sure that Hebe is the one playing her. - Mr. Mortimer, 23:04, November 28, 2010
Here's a high-res photo of Ariana from the film:http://www.homeofthenutty.com/movies/screencaps/displayimage.php?album=160&pid=161157#top_display_media - Greater good, 20:47, 5 April, 2011
Hi, I saw this picture: and then the dates of birth and death of Ariana and Kendra. That irritates me. On the tombstone is written for Ariana's death date: 21 May 1900 (Aged 13 years). In the Portrait Individual Infobox is given as death date: Late summer (1899) (aged 14). It is impossible that Ariana died in the late summer of 1899, because on the tombstone is given as Kendra Dumbledore's death date: 18 November 1899. It is proven that Kendra died before Ariana. That would be impossible when Kendra died at 18 November 1899 and Ariana died in the late summer of 1899. So the date on the tombstone with the year 1900 must be the right date. In the book Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was written - if I remember correct - that she was 14 years old, so in this point the tombstone must be incorrect. But when she died in 1900 at age 14, she must have been born in 1886. I think here were dates mixed up. What do you think? Harry granger 21:47, December 21, 2010 (UTC)
- On Kendra's info box it says she died early summer of 1899, which makes sense because we know that Dumbledore graduated '99 and that his mother died while he had been making preparations to go abroad with Elphias, so if he had been out of school for longer (if Kendra died nov 18), I would imagine he would have already left with Elphias as their plans were to leave shortly after school ended. --BachLynn(Accio!) 21:58, December 21, 2010 (UTC)
That is a good point. I forgot that that was written in the book. That can only mean that the filmmakers made another mistake, when they put the death date as November 1899. Not their first and only mistake !!! Harry granger 22:04, December 21, 2010 (UTC)
Mirror of Erised
Where does it say what Albus sees in the Mirror of Erised?????? XxMissJacobBlackxx 16:48, April 16, 2012 (UTC)XxMissJacobBlackxx
Jo Rowling said so in one of her interviews.12:33, April 17, 2012 (UTC)