I am desperately trying to get this article featured. Other than a Behind the scenes section, what do I need to make this article featured?Aragog the Acromantula(Talk / Contributions) 20:09, 27 March 2009 (UTC)
- Well, articles nominated for Featured Article status should adhere to the following criteria:
- Articles should be of a reasonable length.
- Be comprehensive and in-depth.
- Be written as an in-universe article, omitting references to the book titles in the main text.
- Have quotes and images where available and appropriate.
- Follow the layout guide in terms of style.
- Be accurately and completely sourced and referenced.
- I voted! --- Hellabore
Does anybody know where the name "Aragog" came from? It seems like she plucked it out of Sanskrit or something. I've noticed a lot of articles here have the etymology for the subject in question, and this article doesn't mention it at all.- Aragog the Acromantula(Talk / Contributions) 00:54, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
- I added a Etymology -- Hellabore
It seems highly innacurate to consider Aragog as Hagrids pet. It is true Hagrid cared for him during his childhood, but as an adult Aragog seems to be entirely independant, and it seems more likely that they should be considered close friends than anything else. Any thoughts on this? Weaxzezz 23:21, March 29, 2010 (UTC)
The quote by Hagrid at the top of this section is, I believe, inaccurate in it's description. Yes, the quote is correct, but I think it would be more contextually appropriate to assume that Hagrid is yelling at the people that are trying to curse the acromantulae away, not yelling at the acromantulae to stop hurting people. I don't have the book in front of me, but that was how I remember reading it at the time...thoughts? 18.104.22.168 21:27, February 27, 2012 (UTC)