I put the date of this event as January 1998, but I'm actually not sure if it occurred in late 1997. The Attack at Godric's Hollow occurred on Christmas Eve, 1997, and Ron returned shortly after that, but how soon was it before they went to see Xenophilius? We know it was during the Christmas holidays, but that must last a least a little into January. Any thoughts on whether it was December 1997 or January 1998? Oread 18:51, 18 May 2008 (UTC)
- I now think this occurred on December 30, 1997. By my calculations, Ron returned to Harry and Hermione on the night of December 28:
- December 24 - Attack at Godric's Hollow
- December 25 - Harry wakes up and "he could tell that it was almost dawn" (Deathly Hallows, Ch. 18); he keeps watch until the sun rises.
- December 26 - Hermione takes over the watch at midnight (night of December 25-morning of December 26)
- "After two nights of little sleep" (Deathly Hallows, Ch. 19) -- nights of December 26 and 27
- December 28 - Ron returns, saves Harry, fights with Hermione
- December 29 - "Harry had not expected Hermione's anger to abate over night and was therefore unsurprised that she communicated mainly by dirty looks and pointed silences the next morning." (Deathly Hallows, Ch. 20); Harry refers to him and Ron talking "late in the afternoon", implying this occurs in the same day. Hermione says she wants to go see Xenophilius Lovegood and Ron agrees. She retires to her bunk, implying this occurred in the evening.
- December 30 - "They had an excellent view of the village of Ottery St. Catchopole from the breezy hillside to which they Disapparated next morning." (Deathly Hallows, Ch. 20)
- Therefore, I'm changing the date. Oread 16:50, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
Where is it said that Travers participated? I've just read through the section in the book and the only named D/E is Selwyn. The General 17:07, December 5, 2010 (UTC)