I think the name should be William Alderton’s alleged son, but someone keeps changing the name to Alderton. I think this may cause confusion because there were two Aldertons (one in the book, one in the movie). One of them thought their father was named Arkie, and the other thought his dad’s name was William, respectively. What do you think? MTG1989 01:12, August 11, 2011 (UTC)
- This wizard's name is "Alderton", according to the DVD subtitles of Deathly Hallows: Part 1. As we have a name, we don't need to use the conjectural and descriptive "William Alderton's alleged son". As for Arkie Alderton's alleged son, for that one we have to use the conjectural title as a) he is never referred to as "Alderton", or anything else for that matter, and b) he is never identified (he could be easily lying to evade imprisonment, and not be called "Alderton" at all). -- 01:22, August 11, 2011 (UTC)
- I've added a "youmay" tag to the article to avoid confusion. -- 01:25, August 11, 2011 (UTC)
- But DVD subtitles can be wrong and the movie Alderton could be lying too. MTG1989 01:37, August 11, 2011 (UTC)
- The subtitles in the DVD were officially released and are an inherent part of the film. They are, as such, second-tier canon that specifically say he was called Alderton. -- 01:41, August 11, 2011 (UTC)
- I guess so. But still, he is only referred to as Alderton in the subtitles, and he was the alleged son of William Alderton. But still, you should do what you think is right, you are a very good administrator, and I thank you for that. MTG1989 01:54, August 11, 2011 (UTC)
I don't think that saying he had a family member called "Alderton" particularly helps. As it links to Arkie Alderton's alleged son, perhaps that should be his name.
|Octopus||Tom Marvolo Octopus|