Where is it known as Aconite??
- "For your information, Potter, asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the Draught of Living Death. A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. As for monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite."
- —Severus Snape during Harry's first Potions class in 1991.[src]
Move to Wolfsbane? Edit
1) Pottermore uses that name over aconite. Not sure what term the video games prefer to use, but I'm fairly certain Pottermore is a higher level of canon regardless.
2) The potion it is a main constituent of is called the Wolfsbane Potion, not the Aconite Potion.
3) Of the three names, I'd think wolfsbane is the most common. I know I'd never heard "aconite" or "monkshood" before Harry Potter.
The only reason I can think why it is at this title is because the genus is Aconitum, but the "real" name of the plant shouldn't have any bearing on its HP counterpart. 1337star 00:45, October 2, 2011 (UTC)