At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Talbott Winger was a wizard who attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1984 and was sorted into Ravenclaw house. He was also an Animagus and took the form of an eagle. At some point in the 1970s or early 1980s his parents were murdered by Death Eaters.
Talbott was born at some point in 1972 or 1973. His mother taught him how to become an Animagus, taking the form of an eagle. During the First Wizarding War, his parents tried to help in the war efforts against Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters.
In response, the Dark Lord's followers attacked their home, a conflict during which both of his parents were murdered while Talbott himself successfully escaped with his life thanks to his Animagus ability.
Hogwarts years (1984-)
Talbott started attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry on 1 September 1984 and was sorted into Ravenclaw and excelled in Transfiguration. He also helped Care of Magical Creatures Professor Silvanus Kettleburn tame a Hippogriff once.
In or prior to the 1986–1987 school year, he admitted the truth to Minerva McGonagall. She was understanding his initial reasons for secrecy, (namely the fear that if he registered, the Death Eaters might learn of it and come after him), but nevertheless sternly instructed him to abide by the law that all animagi had to register with the British Ministry of Magic, to which he half-heartedly agreed.
Later during the same school year, when Jacob's sibling went into the Great Hall to discuss Potions with their friend Penny Haywood, the best in their year at that subject, he was seated at his house table, where he cryptically warned said individual that he thought "there [was] as storm coming...", suggesting he might have known something more about the events going on at the school than the average student.
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First appearance)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, "Become an Animagus" Achievement - Tulip Karasu states he is in the same year as her.
- ↑ "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- ↑ Since both of his parents were magical, Talbott could not have been Muggle-born.
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year ?, Side Quest "Become an Animagus!"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 4, Side Quest "Become a Prefect!"