- "The Dark Lord? He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named? My dear boy, that's hardly something to joke about...Rise again, indeed.... I would certainly not presume to predict anything quite as far-fetched as that!"
- —Sybill Trelawney, failing to realise she has just made a real prediction[src]
Sybill Trelawney's second prophecy predicted Peter Pettigrew's escape and his return to his master, Lord Voldemort. This prophecy took place in 1994 during Harry Potter's Divination final exam. According to Harry, she went into a trance and a deep voice boomed out of her giving the following prophecy. It was her second prophecy because of another prophecy she had made previously concerning Lord Voldemort and the one with the power to vanquish him.
- "It will happen tonight. The Dark Lord lies alone and friendless, abandoned by his followers. His servant has been chained these twelve years. Tonight, before midnight... the servant will break free and set out to rejoin his master. The Dark Lord will rise again with his servant's aid, greater and more terrible than ever he was. Tonight... before midnight... the servant... will set out... to rejoin... his master..."
Behind the scenes
- "He will return tonight... Tonight, he who betrayed his friends, whose heart rots with murder... shall break free. Innocent blood shall be spilt...and servant and master shall be reunited once... more!"
- In the film version, Hermione storms out of the Divination lesson after she is unintentionally insulted by Trelawney. On her way out, she knocks a Crystal ball off the table and it rolls down the Divination Stairwell. Harry notices it on his way out and decides to take it back to the classroom. He finds Trelawney in a trance and it is here where she tells the second prophecy, unlike during Harry's Exam, as in the book.