Switches two targets simultaneously.
Behind the scenes
- Hermione Granger recommended to Harry Potter that he use this spell on a dragon to turn its fangs to wine-gums.
- Hermione also gains some house points for knowing about these spells before they studied them.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
Notes and references
|Professors: Albus Dumbledore · Minerva McGonagall|
|Textbooks: A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration · Intermediate Transfiguration · A Guide to Advanced Transfiguration|
|Known practitioners: Emeric Switch · Circe · Falco Aesalon · Mirabella Plunkett · Thaddeus Thurkell ·|
|Transfiguration spells studied at Hogwarts: Chair to cat · Match to needle · Snail to Teapot · Teacup to Rat · Switching Spell · Transforming Spell · Avifors Spell · Mice to Snuffboxes · Beetle Buttons · Rabbit Slippers · Teapot to tortoise · Draconifors Spell · Lapifors Spell · Vanishing Spell · Vera Verto · Owl to opera glasses · Guinea fowl to guinea pig · Hedgehog to pincushion · Small Child to Rat · Meddling Man to Monkey|
|Branches of Transfiguration: Transformation · Vanishment · Conjuration · Untransfiguration|