Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, and, as such, spoilers will be present.
In the 1994 Triwizard Tournament, Cedric Diggory, of Hogwarts, had to face a Short-Snout in the First Task. He Transfigured a rock into a dog to distract the dragon, and retrieved the Golden egg that it was guarding.
Description and traits
The scales are silvery blue, and its powerful flame is also a brilliant blue colour - and hot enough to reduce timber and bone to ashes in seconds. Its attractive skin is much sought after for the making of gloves and shields.
Since it rarely comes into contact with humans, the Short-Snout has less deaths to its name than most dragons. However, the Short-Snout is nevertheless one of the most dangerous species due to its agile flying and the extremely hot fire that it produces. The Short-Snout tends to be less agile on the ground because of its lack of forward limbs.
Behind the scenes
- In the LEGO video game, the Swedish Short-Snout is seen as one of the dragons caged by Hagrid. It will either attempt to incinerate the player by blasting its blue flames through holes in the walls, or furiously shoot fireballs at a small purple ring which must be levitated around the room in order to have the dragon sever the chains supporting a bridge.
- You can buy a plush of the dragon at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault