Suzanne Louise "Susie" Shinner is a former actress best known for playing Lily Evans as a teenager in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. She aditionally reprised the role in a Slug Club photo in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Her role was unfortunately cut from the final edit of both films. To date, this is her only professional acting credit.
Susie Shinner attended Oundle Secondary School, a co-educational boarding and day independent school in the market town of Oundle, Northamptonshire from September 2001 to May 2006, where she filmed her scenes for Snape's Worst Memory in between school as her casting as teenage Lily was announced in February 2006, then aged 17, before she graduated, and the University of Durham from 2007 where she studied English Literature and graduated in 2010 with a Bachelor of Arts. She is furthermore a graduate with a Diploma in Law from the College of Law in 2011, of a Legal Practice Course from BPP Law School in 2012, and a Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice from University of Oxford in 2015. She also had taken part in a number of university theatre productions including Midsummer Nights, a derivative work of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream (1595) in which she was cast in a lead role. She has since retired from acting. In December 2013 to February 2014, she worked as a secondment to PRS For Music's legal department, from Seprember 2012 to August 2014, as a trainee solicitor for Taylor Wessing LLP, and from September 2014, works in London as an associate "in the IP/IT group, specialising in Trade Marks, Copyright and Media. She advises on a broad range of intellectual property and media law issues, including trade mark, passing off, copyright, defamation and privacy law" and "has worked on various brand protection and enforcement matters" where she is a "a member of Taylor Wessing's Fashion and Luxury Brands and Consumer Products groups."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 England & Wales, Birth Index, 1916-2005. General Register Office. England and Wales Civil Registration Indexes. London, England: General Register Office. Vol. 3, p. 579. Print.
- ↑ "Suzanne Louise Shinner Solicitor Profile." Law Society. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- ↑ "MuggleNet Movie Cast Information: Susie Shinner." MuggleNet.
- ↑ "Turkish Wikipedia." Wikipedia.org. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 "Suzy Shinner Taylor Wessing Work Profile." Taylor Wessing. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- ↑ "Suzanne Shinner (young Lily) talks about her cut scene from HP5." Harry Potter Forum. 30 September 2014.
- ↑ "Susie Shinner (Cast) as the Young Lily Potter." The Leaky Cauldron. 6 February 2006. Retrieved 7 August 2016.
- ↑ "Susie Shinner as Young Lily Discussion." Against the Grain. 9 March 2007. Retrieved 7 August 2016.