- "These giant snails change colour on an hourly basis and leave a venomous trail. They are useful in some potions, including Doxycide."
The Streeler is a giant snail native to Africa, but has been successfully bred by wizards in Europe, Asia and North America. Streelers have sharp spikes on their shells, which inject venom. This defence is most likely to scare off or kill its attackers, such as birds and small to medium sized rodents.
Behaviourvenom so toxic that it burns all vegetation that it touches.
Kept as pets
It is kept as a pet by those who enjoy its kaleidoscopic colour changes. Streeler venom is one of the few known substances that can kill Horklumps.
Protection from Streelers
Wearing thick protective gloves is a way to avoid getting stung by a streeler's extremely toxic shell.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Possibly)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
Notes and references
|Magical Creatures by classification|