Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Hermione Granger: "I was going to put Stop the Outrageous Abuse of Our Fellow Magical Creatures and Campaign for a Change in Their Legal Status — but it wouldn't fit. So that's the heading of our manifesto. I've been researching it thoroughly in the library. Elf enslavement goes back centuries. I can't believe no one's done anything about it before now."
- Ronald Weasley: "Hermione — open your ears. They. Like. It. They like being enslaved!"
- Hermione Granger: "Our short-term aims are to secure house-elves fair wages and working conditions. Our long-term aims include changing the law about nonwand use, and trying to get an elf into the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, because they're shockingly underrepresented."
- — Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley discuss S.P.E.W.[src]
Stop the Outrageous Abuse of Our Fellow Magical Creatures and Campaign for a Change in Their Legal Status was the title of the Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare manifesto drawn up by Hermione Granger in 1994 in a sheaf of parchment.
"Stop the Outrageous Abuse of Our Fellow Magical Creatures and Campaign for a Change in Their Legal Status" was originally the name of the Society, but as it did not fit in badges, it ended up as the title of the manifesto.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)