Behind the scenes
- This structure, along with the Clock Tower, Clock Tower Courtyard and Covered Bridge, first appears in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
- Stone Circle is one of the two places (the other being Covered Bridge) that filmmakers created to connect Hagrid's Hut to the castle.
- Hermione Granger punched Draco Malfoy here in the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film).
- Inspiration for Stone Circle came from Stonehenge in the English County Wiltshire, as well as other stone circles, such as Avebury.
- In recalling the first time the young actors in the films first saw the stones, art director Alan Gilmore commented "I heard they asked Alfonso if the stones were why he chose the location. It's always gratifying when your work is mistaken for the real thing!"
- Since the circle is a sundial, it is possible it was used to adjust the time shown on the Clock Tower's dial.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (First identified as Stone Circle)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
Notes and references