The Stone Basin was a basin made of stone housed on Crystal Cave Island within the Crystal Cave. It contained the Emerald Potion Voldemort used to protect Slytherin's Locket. Either the basin or the potion within was enchanted in such a fashion that the contents could not be penetrated by hand, vanished, parted, scooped up, siphoned away, Transfigured, Charmed, or otherwise made to change its nature in any way, leaving drinking to be the only way to remove the potion inside.
Behind the scenes
- In film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the Stone Basin is a natural basin made of crystal rather than a manufactured one of stone. In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7, it is replaced by a watercooler.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Appears in vision(s))
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Appears in vision(s))
- Pottermore (First identified as Stone Basin)