- Arthur Weasley: "I don't know whether you know what — what stitches are?"
- Molly Weasley: "It sounds as though you've been trying to sew your skin back together, but even you, Arthur, wouldn't be that stupid."
- — Arthur and Molly Weasley in St. Mungo's[src]
- When Arthur Weasley was brought to St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries after he was attacked by Nagini in 1995, Augustus Pye, a trainee Healer, suggested trying stitches to heal Arthur's wounds. This attempt ended up fruitless, as Nagini's fangs had a poison in them that dissolved the thread.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Mentioned only)