- Argus Filch: "What are you doing?"
- Harry Potter: "Nothing."
- Argus Filch: "Nothing! A likely story! Sneaking around on your own -- why aren't you in Hogsmeade buying Stink Pellets and Belch Powder and Whizzing Worms like the rest of your nasty little friends?"
- — Filch grilling Harry about why he wasn't in Hogsmeade.[src]
Stink Pellets are a joke product that presumably releases an unpleasant odour. They were sold in Diagon Alley in Gambol and Japes Wizarding Joke Shop, and in Hogsmeade, most likely at Zonko's Joke Shop. They are not tolerated by Argus Filch. Their usage is similar to that of a Dungbomb, another item not tolerated by the Hogwarts caretaker.
In the video game of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, they are used to temporarily stop Prefects who are pursuing you, causing them to cough and sputter as a green gas comes up in their faces.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (Nintendo DS only)