A steak is generally a cut of meat that has been sliced perpendicularly to the muscle fibres, though the term can also be used to describe meat cooked in a sauce (as in steak and kidney pie) or ground meat formed into the shape of a steak. Steaks are generally made of beef, though other meats and even fish can be used.
Steak was among the foods served at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Harry Potter seemed to have a fondness for it, having it at the Start-of-Term Feast in 1991 and 1994. After being bitten by Fenrir Greyback during the Battle of the Astronomy Tower, William Weasley developed a craving for very rare steaks.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows