|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "He crept along the corridor below, pushed aside a tapestry about halfway along, and proceeded down a narrower staircase, a shortcut that would take him down two floors."
The ground-floor and the second-floor corridor are connected by a narrow staircase hidden behind a pair of tapestries, with a suit of armour stood at the top. It has a trick step halfway up that most students remember to jump, and the staircase itself seems to be common knowledge. Gryffindors use it to shorten their route to Gryffindor Tower. Harry Potter used the staircase when heading to Severus Snape's office in 1995, but stepped on the trick step and dropped his golden egg, attracting Argus Filch, Snape and Bartemius Crouch Jr (disguised as Alastor Moody). Harry again used the passageway when chasing Amycus and Alecto Carrow.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The staircase goes down two floors. As the top floor is the second-floor corridor, this means that the bottom is the ground-floor.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 After Harry and "Moody's" discussion, "Moody" goes straight into his office, which is on the second-floor.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 12 (The Triwizard Tournament)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 25 (The Egg and the Eye)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 28 (Flight of the Prince)