Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The staffroom is located on the ground-floor of Hogwarts Castle. It is a long, panelled room with mismatched, dark wooden chairs. There is a wardrobe inside it which was once home to a Boggart before the 1993 Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, Remus Lupin, taught his third year class how to vanquish it.
At some point, Professor Cuthbert Binns sat in front of the staffroom fire and fell asleep. He died during his sleep and rose as a ghost, leaving his body behind but continuing with his History of Magic classes as usual.
In 1991, Harry Potter went to the staffroom looking for Professor Snape to get his copy of Quidditch Through the Ages back and saw Argus Filch bandaging up Snape's leg from being bitten by Fluffy. Later that year, in 1992, Hermione was stationed outside the staffroom to keep an eye on Snape, but when he came out asking what she was doing there her excuse was that she was waiting for Professor Flitwick. Snape went and got him for her, afterwards she lost track of where Snape went.
The night that Ginny was taken into the Chamber of Secrets, Professor Lockhart had fallen asleep in the staffroom. When he woke up and walked into the meeting of the other, grim-faced professors, they turned on him, pressuring him to enter the Chamber to scare him away from them.
In 1993, Professor Lupin held the Third years first Defence Against the Dark Arts class in the staffroom. There was a boggart that had taken up residence in an old cupboard, and he wanted to teach the students how to vanquish them.
Behind the scenes
- In Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, it is mentioned that some rooms move places. The staffroom's distance from Classroom 3C changes between books. However, it is uncertain as to which room actually moves between the ground-floor and the first-floor.
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets extras, the menu shows a room which may indicate the Staff Room. There is a table with several parchments, a door to Lockhart's class and a fireplace for the Floo Network. The most notable thing is that on the table, there is a picture of Argus Filch that moves. It can also do certain things. If you access Activities and then deactivate it, Filch appears with Mrs Norris. If the same is repeated with Behind the Scenes, Filch appears with a lantern. And if you access the last parchment, Extras, Filch disappears.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Door only) (PS2 version only)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Door only) (PS2 version only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Door only) (PC version and PS2 version only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Notes and references