|"Besides, you're saying it wrong. It's Leviosa, not Leviosar."
The title of this article intentionally uses incorrect spelling or grammar, as this is how it is stylised in a canonical source. Any attempt to change the title to its "correct" spelling or grammar will be reverted, unless another canonical source stylises it correctly.
St. Grogory's Primary School was a Muggle primary school located in or near Little Whinging, Surrey, England named after Saint Grogory. The school's headmistress in the early 1990s was C. Roemmele.
Harry Potter attended St. Grogory's from the mid-late 1980s to early 1990s. He had no friends there and was teased for wearing broken spectacles, repaired with tape, and his cousin Dudley Dursley's old, oversized clothing.
One time, Harry was being pursued by Dudley's gang and tried to escape from them by ducking behind some rubbish bins outside the school's kitchens, but unintentionally flew on top of the chimney instead. Headmistress Roemmele sent an "angry" letter to Harry's uncle and aunt, Vernon and Petunia Dursley, telling them that their nephew had been "climbing school buildings."
While there is no real St. Grogory, there is a St Gregory: Pope Gregory I. He is considered the patron saint of, among other things, students and teachers, making him a prime candidate to name a school after.
Behind the scenes
- The name of this school is not given in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. It was first revealed as "St. Grogory's Primary School" (using a full stop, contrary to British grammar rules) on a prop award certificate featured in that novel's film adaptation.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (First identified as St. Grogory's Primary School) (Name seen on award certificate)
- Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey (Name seen on award certificate)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game (First appearance)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey, p. 403 (see this image)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 2 (The Vanishing Glass)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 3 (The Letters from No One)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 7 (The Sorting Hat)
- ↑ "Pope Gregory I" on Wikipedia