Mr. Spindle's Lick "O" Rish Spiders were a brand of liquorice-flavoured wizarding sweet introduced by Mr. Spindle in 1902. They were shaped like spiders, and may have been bewitched to seem alive, like Chocolate Frogs.
Behind the scenes
- These sweets were seen mainly in a deleted scene from the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, in which the students, returning from Hogsmeade, showed each other what they had bought there. A package of Mr. Spindle's Lick "O" Rish Spiders was lying on a table.
- On the special edition DVD of the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, in the extra game Catch Scabbers!, this sweet is seen again on a table in the Great Hall.
- These sweets, probably, were inspired by the 1961 children's book Mr. Spindles and the Spiders.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Deleted scenes)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)