"Spellman" is English name derived of "Speller". "Speller" : 1. a person who spells words in the manner specified & 2. (Social Science / Education) a book designed to teach or improve spelling. The name has a sort of double meaning. Spell is the name of a general magical action, so it could, additionally, mean: a person who practises spells.
Behind the scenes
- It is possible that Spellman is just a pen name of Rosana Amorin.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
|Professor: Bathsheda Babbling|
|Textbooks: Advanced Rune Translation · Ancient Runes Made Easy · Magical Hieroglyphs and Logograms · Rune Dictionary · Spellman's Syllabary|
|Known Runes: Acromantula · Demiguise · Ehwaz · Eihwaz · Fwooper · Graphorn · Hydra · Quintaped · Runespoor · Salamander · Unicorn · Unknown · Mark of Merlin|