|"There are plenty of eye-witness accounts. Just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you–"
This article contains of a list of appearances, but currently has few or no notes and references. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by adding notes and/or references to bring this article to a higher standard of quality.
The Special Award for Services to the School is a trophy awarded to Hogwarts students who do outstanding accomplishments that benefit the school. It is a gold shield engraved with the name of the trophy winner.
Known people who were awarded this
- Tom Riddle: In June, 1942, he received such an award for his alleged capture of the student who had opened the Chamber of Secrets. Riddle's award was stored in the trophy room, and he was asked not to speak of the matter to anyone. Ron Weasley, while serving detention in the Trophy Room, vomited slugs all over Riddle's badge, and had to polish it several times. It's possible that the award was retracted after Harry and Ron determined the truth and exonerated Hagrid and/or when Voldemort was defeated by Harry in 1998 .
- Harry Potter: In 1993, he received a Special Award for Services to the School for his help in the defeat of Tom Riddle in the Chamber of Secrets.
- Ron Weasley: In 1993, he received a Special Award for Services to the School for his help in the defeat of Tom Riddle in the Chamber of Secrets.
- Albus Dumbledore: Sometime when he was at school he was given this award. Elphias Dodge said that he earned every award the school had to offer. It is possible that the award was not existing at that time, though.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Mentioned only)
- J. K. Rowling Official Site