Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film). As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
A speakeasy was an establishment that illegally served alcoholic beverages. Such establishments flourished during the Prohibition era in the United States, when selling, making, and transporting alcoholic beverages was against the law.
The American wizarding government did not enforce prohibition during the period in which the American No-Maj government did. However, in 1926, there was at least one magical pub which was described as a "speakeasy," The Blind Pig, which was located in Manhattan in New York and run by the goblin gangster Gnarlack. Newt Scamander visited this establishment when he was looking for information.
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Speakeasy" on Wikipedia
- ↑ "History of Magic in America: 1920s Wizarding America" from Pottermore
- ↑ The Blind Pig on Google Maps
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Ron Perlman talks 'Sons of Anarchy,' 'Fantastic Beasts' at RI Comic Con" from The Telegram
- ↑ "Everything we've learned about ‘Fantastic Beasts' this week" from Pottermore
- ↑ "Announcement Trailer for 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' to Be Unveiled Worldwide on December 15th" from Business Wire
- ↑ "‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’: 43 Things to Know about the New Wizarding World Story" from Collider
- ↑ The Case of Beasts: Explore the Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (see this image)