South of the western hemisphere
Magical games and sports
- The Peruvian National Quidditch team is considered to be the best team from South America. Also the Tarapoto Tree-Skimmers are the most famous Peruvian team.
- The Brazilian National Quidditch team has won five Quidditch World Cups and was the runner-up in the 2014 Quidditch World Cup.
- The Argentinian National Quidditch team has reached the quarter-finals of the Quidditch World Cup at least once in the 20th century.
- Quodpot, a variant of Quidditch, is immensely popular in North and South America.
- In 1993, the yearly International Warlock Convention was held in Brazil.
- In 2014, the 427th Quidditch World Cup was based in the Patagonian Desert, Argentina.
- The Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder was invented by the wizarding community in Peru. Also the Caxambu Style Borborygmus Potion was developed in Caxambu, Brazil.
- The Dragon Pox is a potentially fatal disease related to the Peruvian Vipertooth. It was possibly originated in South America.