|Snake Summons Spell|
- "The end of his wand exploded. Harry watched, aghast, as a long black snake shot out of it, fell heavily onto the floor between them and raised itself, ready to strike."
Behind the scenes
- The Snake Summons Spell and Bird-Conjuring Charm are much easier to use than other conjurations.
- The counter-charm is Vipera Evanesca
- Although the book states that the snake is conjured, the Harry Potter Official Website claims, when a user attempts to cast the spell at the farthest edges of the room, that:
"It appears the snake did not hear you. Try to cast your spell in the centre of the room".
Serpens is Latin for "serpent"; ortus is the past participle of the Latin verb oriri "to be created".
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Possible use)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (DS version)
- Harry Potter: Spells
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells (Indirectly mentioned only)