Created a defensive cloud of smoke
- "Mr. Ollivander sent a stream of silver smoke rings across the room from the tip of Cedric's wand..."
- —Ollivander using the spell to test Cedric's wand.[src]
The Smokescreen Spell was a spell which created a defensive cloud of smoke. It was covered in the book The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection. It is quite useful in duels as when cast the opponent is likely to fail to aim their spells accurately.
- Garrick Ollivander may have used this spell at the Weighing of the Wands in the Triwizard Tournament of 1994 while testing Cedric Diggory's wand.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Possible appearance)
- Pottermore (Spells / Duels) (First appearance)