It is a garden pest, and in 1992, the Hogwarts Gamekeeper Rubeus Hagrid explained to Harry Potter that Flesh-Eating Slugs were ruining all of the school cabbages. The only known way to get rid of these slugs is by using a specific repellent that can be bought in Knockturn Alley.
The Flesh-Eating Slug is apparently a frightening creature, since a Hogwarts student was scared enough of them to turn a Boggart into one. The Chamber of Secrets video game depics them as being roughly the same size of adolecent humans, being able to move much faster than normal slugs and having a high tolerance to fire.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Illustration on a Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent container)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (mentioned only)