|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
|Skirmish at the Quad battlements|
|Part of the Battle of Hogwarts|
2 Death Eaters (most likely the one killed by Kingsley and the other that duelled Arthur)
This skirmish was one of the conflicts that took place during the Battle of Hogwarts. After Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters broke the protective enchantments around Hogwarts Castle at midnight of 2 May, 1998.
The Death Eater forces led their attack toward the Castle. While opening fire against the Hogwarts forces stationed at the Viaduct Courtyard, a Death Eater managed to blast part of the battlements by The Quad, and break into the catwalks inside, where Order of the Phoenix members worked spells.
After Lord Voldemort and the Death Eaters managed to break the protective enchantments around Hogwarts Castle, the Battle of Hogwarts began. While the giants struggled with the betwitched suits of armour in the Viaduct, the Death Eaters started casting curses at the Viaduct Courtyard and at the battlements around The Quad.
The skirmishAs part of the battlements shattered, a Death Eater managed to Apparate into the set of catwalks on which Order of the Phoenix members aimed spells. The Death Eater shot a Killing Curse, killing a wizard, and then started duelling with Arthur Weasley. As another Death Eater tried to Apparate through one of the windows, Kingsley Shacklebolt shot a spell that made him freeze in mid-air and shot back through the window.
Apparently, the Order of the Phoenix side managed to hold the Death Eaters, as they did not seem to have managed to penetrate the Castle. This was until the Death Eaters led their giants to the north battlements and breached in.
Behind the scenes
- In the second part of the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows this skirmish seems to have replaced a skirmish that took place at the north battlements, featured in the novel.
- In the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley make their way to the Boathouse through the battlements as the Death Eaters arrive there.
- The Death Eater who blowed away by Kingsley Shackerbolt might be Jugson.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)