|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "Voldemort was in the centre of the battle, and he was striking and smiting all within reach. Harry could not get a clear shot, but fought his way nearer, still invisible, and the Great Hall became more and more crowded as everyone who could walk forced their way inside."
- "And then many things happened at the same moment. They heard uproar from the distant boundary of the school as what sounded like hundreds of people came swarming over the out-of-sight walls and pelted toward the castle, uttering lowd war cries. At the same time, Grawp came lumbering around the side of the castle and yelled, "HAGGER!" His cry was answered by roars from Voldemort's giants: They ran at Grawp like bull elephants making the earth quake. Then came hooves and the twangs of bows, and arrows were suddenly falling amongst the Death Eaters, who broke ranks, shouting their surprise."
After the hour-long armistice during the Battle of Hogwarts, Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters took Harry Potter's "dead body" to the Castle to announce their victory. However, the arrival of the Hogwarts centaur herd, Grawp and the families and friends of the Hogwarts students that had stayed to fight as well as the shopkeeps and homeowners of Hogsmeade made the battle restart as the fighters ran into the Entrance Hall to avoid Grawp that started fighting with Voldemort's giants. Neville Longbottom, beheaded Nagini, Voldemort's last Horcrux, thus rendering him mortal once again. Harry Potter discreetely took his Invisibility Cloak and joined the fight while concealed.
As the wizards stampeded through the Entrance Hall backing toward the Great Hall, Lord Voldemort sent curses flying left and right and yelled instructions to his followers. As more and more fighters stormed through the front steps, the Hogwarts house-elves, led by Kreacher, swarmed into the hall hacking and stabbing at the ankles of Death Eaters.
- "Hundreds of people now lined the walls, watching the two fights, Voldemort and his three opponents, Bellatrix and Molly, and Harry stood, invisible, torn between both, wanting to attack and yet to protect, unable to be sure that he would not hit the innocent."
Everyone who could still walk forced their way into the Great Hall. Lord Voldemort stood in the centre of the battle, striking all within reach. At this point, most of the Death Eaters were defeated: Yaxley was brought to the floor by George Weasley and Lee Jordan; Antonin Dolohov fell with a scream at Filius Flitwick's hands; Walden Macnair was thrown across the room by Rubeus Hagrid; Fenrir Greyback was defeated by Ronald Weasley and Neville Longbottom; Aberforth Dumbledore Stunned Augustus Rookwood; Pius Thicknesse was floored by Percy and Arthur Weasley. Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy ran through the crowd, not fighting but looking for their son.
Voldemort started duelling with Minerva McGonagall, Horace Slughorn and Kingsley Shacklebolt all at once, cold hatred in his face. Molly Weasley started a duel with Bellatrix Lestrange, the last Death Eater standing. Hundreds of people lined the walls, watching the two duels in awe.
As the last conflict of the Battle of Hogwarts, this skirmish was a clear victory to the Order of the Phoenix side, all the Death Eaters either killed, defeated or incapacitated. Bellatrix Lestrange is killed on a duel between her and Molly Weasley and Lord Voldemort is defeated against Harry Potter, thus ending the Second Wizarding War once and for all.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In the second part of the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, this skirmish occurs like in the book with some noticeable differences:
- Duels between George Weasley & Lee Jordan against Yaxley, Filius Flitwick against Antonin Dolohov, Rubeus Hagrid against Walden Macnair, Ronald Weasley & Neville Longbottom against Fenrir Greyback, Aberforth Dumbledore against Augustus Rookwood, Arthur Weasley & Percy Weasley against Pius Thicknesse are omitted, at least being seen one on one (possibly seen in the background of other scenes) By the point in which they occur in the book, Greyback and Thicknesse are already dead in the film. Minerva McGonagall, Horace Slughorn & Kingsley Shacklebolt against Voldemort are also omitted.
- Harry Potter and Voldemort are not there, as they are duelling at the Marble Staircase and, later, at the catwalks by The Quad battlements.
- All the fighters are aware that Harry is not dead, as the fact that he stands up and starts duelling Voldemort is why the battle recommences instead of the arrival of reinforcements from Hogsmeade.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)