|Sirius Black's wand|
15 inches
The wand of Sirius Black was of unknown wood and core materials but was 15 inches in length. Like most wizards and witches in Great Britain, he likely purchased it at the age of eleven before beginning at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1971. He was also able to perform powerful magic with this wand, such as casting nonverbal spells. It is unknown what happened to his wand after his death.
Behind the scenes
- Sirius presumably lost his wand when he went to Azkaban. It is unknown how, or if, he retrieved it, because he could have had another one given to him after his escape.
- The wand has a distinctive handle, being square-like in shape. Symbols are etched upon it.
- This wand bears a resemblance to Sybill Trelawney's wand, though there are slight differences.
- Although it is unknown what happened to the wand after Sirius's death in the books, in the film adaption of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, the wand appears to break when Bellatrix kills Sirius.
- Just like Voldemort's wand, the Noble Collection makes Sirius's wand of a different color than in the film adaptions, the wand has a light brown color when it's shown in the film adaption of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and in the Noble Collection it has a dark gray color.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Notes and references
- ↑ A replica of the wand is available on the Noble Collection website, contained in an Ollivander's wand shop box. However the website has been known to advertise errors in this regard.
Note: There is no reference for the size of Sirius' wand in any of J.K. Rowling's information about the character. It should also be clearly stated in this article that much of the information in this entry is based on the film version and that recreated by the Noble Collection only, little has been said in the writings or from J.K. Rowling herself.