Sirius Black's wand was of unknown length, wood, and core materials. The wand was presumably manufactured by Garrick Ollivander.
Sirius was also able to perform powerful magic with this wand, such as casting nonverbal spells. He also wielded this wand during the Battle of the Department of Mysteries in 1995. The wand probably died with him as he held it when he fell to his death through the Veil in the Death Chamber .
The wand in the films appears to be medium brown colour and has a twisting design throughout the length of the wand and at the base there seems to be engravings into the wood.
Behind the scenes
- The wand has a distinctive handle, being square-like in shape. Symbols are etched upon it. Some of them look slightly similar to the ones tattooed on Sirius' body.
- This wand bears a resemblance to Sybill Trelawney's wand.
- Although it is unknown what happened to the wand after Sirius's death in the books, in the film adaption of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, the wand appears to break when Bellatrix kills Sirius.
- Just like Voldemort's wand, the Noble Collection makes Sirius's wand of a different colour than in the film adaptions, the wand has a light brown colour when it's shown in the film adaption of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and in the Noble Collection it has a dark grey colour.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault (mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ A replica of the wand is available on the Noble Collection website, contained in an Ollivander's wand shop box. However the website has been known to advertise errors in this regard.