Sirius Black's wand was of unknown length, wood, and core materials.
Sirius was able to perform powerful magic with this wand, such as casting nonverbal spells. He also wielded this wand during the Battle of the Department of Mysteries in 1996. The wand probably died with him as he held it when he fell through the Veil in the Death Chamber.
The wand was a medium brown colour and has a twisting design along the length of the wand and rune-like engravings at the base.
Behind the scenes
- Like most wizards and witches in Great Britain, Sirius probably purchased his first wand at the age of eleven at Ollivanders before beginning at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1971.
- He possibly wielded a different wand throughout the First Wizarding War, and obtained this one after escaping Azkaban while being a member of the Order of the Phoenix. If it was his original wand, it is unclear how he would have obtained it after his escape from Azkaban.
- The wand has a distinctive handle, being squarish in shape. Symbols are etched upon it. Some of them look slightly similar to the ones tattooed on Sirius' body.
- This wand bears a resemblance to Sybill Trelawney's wand.
- Although it is unknown what happened to the wand after Sirius's death in the books, in the film adaption of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, the wand appears to break when Bellatrix kills Sirius.
- Just like Voldemort's wand, the Noble Collection makes Sirius's wand in a different colour than that which it is in the film adaptations, the wand has a light brown colour when it's shown in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, whereas in the Noble Collection it has a dark grey colour.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault (mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 35 (Beyond the Veil) - "“Thanks!” Harry said to Neville, pulling him aside as Sirius and his Death Eater lurched past, duelling so fiercely that their wands were blurs. [...] Now Sir-ius and Dolohov were duelling, their wands flashing like swords, sparks flying from their wand tips —"