|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
Conjures forth a silver shield before the caster for protection
- "Voldemort was forced to conjure a shining silver shield out of thin air"
- —Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
History of useEdit
During the Duel in the Ministry Atrium between Lord Voldemort and Dumbledore, Voldemort summoned a silver shield which protected him from one of Dumbledore's curses, despite the latter being exceptionally powerful. The only effect was a "deep, gong-like note," which Harry Potter felt sounded "oddly chilling."
Behind the scenesEdit
- The novel's illustrations show the shield emblazoned with a serpent; however, this is not mentioned in the books.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Possible appearance) (Appears on book cover)