|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "Voldemort was forced to conjure a shining silver shield out of thin air"
- —Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
History of use
During the Duel in the Ministry Atrium between Lord Voldemort and Dumbledore, Voldemort summoned a silver shield which protected him from one of Dumbledore's curses, despite the latter being exceptionally powerful. The only effect was a "deep, gong-like note," which Harry Potter felt sounded "oddly chilling."
Behind the scenes
- The novel's illustrations show the shield emblazoned with a serpent; however, this is not mentioned in the books.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Possible appearance) (Appears on book cover)