- Mundungus: "This solid silver, mate?"
- Sirius: "Yes. Finest fifteenth-century goblin-wrought silver, embossed with the Black family crest."
- Mundungus: "That'd come orf, though."
- — Mundungus examines some goblets at 12 Grimmauld Place with an eye towards theft.[src]
Silver (chemical symbol: Ag) is a dense, soft shiny grey metal with a high value as money and is used in jewelery in both muggle and wizarding world. The most common use for silver in the wizarding world is in the Sickle.
The colours of Slytherin are green and silver.
The Black family earned some silver goblets kept at 12 Grimmauld Place, embossed with their family crest. During the summer holidays of 1995, Mundungus Fletcher examined these and asked Sirius Black if they were solid silver. He disgustedly agreed that they were, 15th-century goblin-wrought silver that was embossed with the Black family crest. In late 1996, Harry Potter discovered Mundungus Fletcher in Hogsmeade with some of these goblets, which he had stolen.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7