Some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, and, as such, spoilers will be present.
- "The raven continued to open and close its sharp beak, but no sound came out."
Professor Filius Flitwick had his fifth year Charms students practise this spell at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and assigned it as homework to those who could not perform it competently in class.
|Various||Unknown||The song of the Fwooper will drive the listener insane and it must therefore be sold with a Silencing Charm on it. This charm must be recast on the Fwooper every month|
|Draco Malfoy||31 October, 1981||Draco used this spell on Delphini at St Jerome's Church.|
|Fifth years||1995||Fifth-years work on this spell in Charms using bullfrogs and ravens.|
|Hermione Granger||18 June, 1996||Hermione cast this spell on a Death Eater during the Battle of the Department of Mysteries, which caused the spell he used to attack her to be a lot less damaging. He still knocked her out, though, and did "enough damage to be going on with," according to Pomfrey.|
|Lord Voldemort||2 May, 1998||He used this spell on the defenders of Hogwarts during the final battle.|
|Lyall Lupin||Unknown||He used the spell to silence his Werewolf Son, Remus Lupin, during his monthly transformations in order to protect his son for any unwanted attentions from their neighbours or the ministry when Remus was a child.|
Behind the scenes
- If performed incorrectly, the target will swell up to an immense size and begin making deafening sounds.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game) (Nintendo DS version only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 18 (Dumbledore's Army)
- ↑ Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Remus Lupin" at Pottermore
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 36 (The Flaw in the Plan)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Act Four, Scene Eleven
- ↑ See this translation
|Professors: Filius Flitwick|
|Textbooks: The Standard Book of Spells · Achievements in Charming · Quintessence: A Quest|
|Charmbook writers and charm developers: Miranda Goshawk · Scarpin · Felix Summerbee · Randolph Keitch · Basil Horton · Mnemone Radford · Elliot Smethwyck · Jarleth Hobart · Delfina Crimp · Orabella Nuttley · Levina Monkstanley · Fred Weasley · George Weasley|
|Charms studied at Hogwarts: Levitation Charm · Fire-Making Charm · Softening Charm · Skurge · Aresto Momentum · Cheering Charm · Freezing Spell · Seize and Pull Charm · Summoning Charm · Banishing Charm · Silencing Charm · Mending Charm · Reductor Curse · Colour Change Charm · Growth Charm · Water-Making Spell · Locomotion Charm · Vinegar into Wine · Bird-Conjuring Charm|