Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Smirk Platter was depicted in a portrait that hung somewhere at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. This portrait was painted in 1542, when he was 39 years old, as indicated by the inscription "Anno Etatis Suae 39" (anno aetatis suae is a Latin term meaning "in the year of his age").
Behind the scenes
- This portrait was made specifically for the Harry Potter films, and was modelled after Matt Cooke, a member of the dressing props team since Prisoner of Azkaban.
- Despite bearing Matt Cooke's likeness, this portrait seems to have been based on a portrait of Henry Wriothesley, 3rd Earl of Southampton (c. 1600), by an unknown artist.
- Smirk Platter may have passed away sometime prior to the 1990s as many portraits hung at Hogwarts Castle depict deceased individuals.
- Harry Potter films (Appears in portrait(s))
- Harry Potter: The Exhibition (Appears in portrait(s))
- The Making of Harry Potter (Appears in portrait(s))
Notes and references
Ædificium Oriens · Apothecary department · Book of Monster's Repair Workshop · Care of Magical Creatures classroom · Cauldron cupboard · First Year written exams classroom · Gargoyle Corridor · Ghoul Studies classroom · The Grindylow Lagoon · Horace Slughorn's first office · Laundry · Lower Art Room · Rolanda Hooch's office · Stink Bomb Store · Study Hall