Sevin Okyay is a Turkish author and translator. She translated the Harry Potter books written by J. K. Rowling into Turkish. She has also been a literary critic, journalist, regular columnist, radio host and a teacher.
She graduated from the Arnavutköy American Girl's (High) School. In her youth she had the honour of working with the first formally educated female photographer in Turkey, Yildiz Moran. She has been working as a translator since 1963, and as a journalist since 1976. She has a son, Kutlukhan Kutlu, who is following in her footsteps and helped her translate the Harry Potter series. She named her two twin cats after the Weasley twins (Fred and George.
- Ilk Romanim (My First Novel) novel, 1996
- 120 Filmde Seyriâlem (A Cinema Tour in 120 Films) selected movie critiques, 1996
- Çiçek Dürbünü (Kaleidoscope) collected essays, 1998
Harry Potter translation works
Harry Potter ve Sirlar Odasi, YKY 2001, ISBN 9750802950
Harry Potter ve Azkaban Tutsagi, with K. Kutlu, YKY 2001, ISBN 975-08-0311-6
Harry Potter ve Ates Kadehi, with K. Kutlu, YKY 2001, ISBN 975-08-0331-0
Fantastik Canavlar Nelerdir, Nerelerde Bulunurlar?, with Gül Sarioglu, YKY 2002, ISBN 975-08-0413-9
Harry Potter ve Zümrüdüanka Yoldasligi, with K. Kutlu, YKY 2003, ISBN 975-08-0645-X
Harry Potter ve Melez Prens, with K. Kutlu, YKY 2005, ISBN 975-08-0995-5
- A collection of her critiques (in Turkish)
- An article in English by Okyay on the 9th Flying Broom International Women's Film Festival
- Sevin Okyay