At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film). As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
This wand belonged to Seraphina Picquery, former President of the Magical Congress of the United States of America. It was crafted by Violetta Beauvais and was, like all Beauvais wands, made of swamp mayhaw wood with a rougarou hair core.
In the film, the gem is purple.  And it can also be seen as purple in Fantastic Beasts and J.K Rowling's Wizarding World. However, the prop replica's gem is pink.
Behind the scenes
- "'Seraphina's wand was nice,' says prop maker Pierre Bohanna. 'It had a pink jewelled handle, quite simple, quite classic, influenced by deco, and was ebony, tipped with a silver clasp around it.'".
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- The Case of Beasts: Explore the Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Pottermore - Writing by J.K. Rowling: "1920s Wizarding America" - states that the wand was made by Violetta Beauvais whose wands were "always made of swamp mayhaw wood" along with the "secret" ingredient of the "hair of the rougarou"
- ↑ Why Carmen Ejogo loves MACUSA President Seraphina's wand
- ↑ The Case of Beasts: Explore the Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them