Septimus Malfoy was a pure-blood wizard who lived during the late 18th century. He was influential in the Ministry of Magic, and many claimed that when he served as an advisor the Minister for Magic Unctuous Osbert was little more than his puppet.
Behind the scenes
- In 1992, Harry Potter, speaking about Draco Malfoy, said, "Look at his family... The whole lot of them have been in Slytherin, he's always boasting about it". This indicates that Septimus was most likely a Slytherin if he attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, though it cannot be confirmed.
- In 1997 a portrait was hung in Malfoy Manor showing a wizard; Septimus may be that wizard.
- Oddly, Septimus is a name that also appears on the Weasley family tree, an almost rival family of the Malfoys in later years.
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ These are the latest years that Septimus could have been born, which would make him 17 at some point during the ministerial term(s) of Unctuous Osbert (1789 - 1798). Presumably, however, Septimus was not as young as seventeen when he was advisor and was older.
- ↑ Writing by J.K. Rowling: "The Malfoy Family" at Pottermore
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 9 (The Writing on the Wall)