Prior to 1993
Born in England or Ireland, sometime prior to 1993, Sapworthy attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, where she was sorted into the Gryffindor House. She presumably excelled in the studies of divination and herbology, as she later wrote books on both subjects. Once she graduated from Hogwarts, Sapworthy became an aide to the International Quidditch Team, and a portrait of her was hung at Hogwarts.
Personality and traits
Magical abilities and skills
- Authorship: Sapworthy wrote at least two books, Winogrand's Wonderous Water Plants and Xylomancy.
- Xylomancy: Selina excelled in Xylomancy, and later wrote a book on the subject, a copy of which was owned by Professor Sybill Trelawney; Trelawney presumably used it to teach her classes.
- Herbology: She also was quite good at Herbology, as she wrote a good book on it, which was owned and approved of by Herbology Professor Neville Longbottom.
Behind the scenes
- The portrait of Sapworthy appears to be based on an 1840 portrait of Mary Shelley, who authored Frankenstein.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (Appears in portrait(s)) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (On a book)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
Classroom 6A · Classroom 6B · Corridor · Disused bathroom · East Wing · Empty classroom · Floor 6 Bonus · Glanmore Peakes' Corridor · Horace Slughorn's office · Room of Rewards · Storeroom · Writing Supplies Room
Damara Dodderidge · Edgar Stroulger · Edessa Sakndenberg · Glanmore Peakes · Selina Sapworthy · Skeleton in a top hat · Portrait in storeroom · Temeritus Shanks · Vindictus Viridian · Wendelin the Weird