|"Well, I think we should put it back in order for them, don't you?"|
- Harry Potter: "Neville?"
- Neville Longbottom: "I knew you would come!"
- Harry Potter: "The Room of Requirement?"
- Neville Longbottom: "This is the only way in or out now. The grounds are crawling with Death Eaters and Dementors."
- — Harry Potter is surprised that the passage leads to the Room of Requirement, and Neville Longbottom explains that[src]
Hogwarts Castle contains several secret passageways. At least one of these was also discovered by Fred and George Weasley. Several passages are known by the majority of the students. Many, however, are only known by a few students. It is often said that Argus Filch, a caretaker at Hogwarts, knew the location of every passage in the school. The Marauders also knew at least most of passages, and included seven of them on the map they created of the school.
- A passage beneath the Whomping Willow, leading to the Shrieking Shack. It was used by Remus Lupin during his school years so that he could isolate himself during his monthly transformations into a werewolf. Sirius Black used this passage to slip past the Dementors and get inside the school grounds during the 1993–1994 school year.
- A passage behind the statue of Gregory the Smarmy. Fred and George Weasley claimed to have found this secret passage during their first week at Hogwarts.
- A passage behind a mirror on the fourth floor, which was caved in as of 1993. It leads to Hogsmeade, but where in Hogsmeade it leads to is unknown. Sirius mentioned that it was large enough for an organisation to hold a meeting inside.
- A passage beneath a one-eyed witch statue by the stairs to the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom, leading to the cellar of Honeydukes. Tapping the hump with a wand and speaking aloud the word Dissendium to the witch accesses this passage, the hump on the statue then opens and reveals the hidden passageway.
- A link between two vanishing cabinets, one in Hogwarts and the other in Borgin and Burkes in Knockturn Alley. This link presumably worked until 1992 when Peeves (persuaded by Nearly Headless Nick) smashed the Hogwarts cabinet on the floor above Argus Filch's office. The passage was reopened in 1997 when Draco Malfoy fixed the cabinet, and used it to bring Death Eaters into the school. This passage is not shown on the Marauder's Map.
- A passage in the Room of Requirement, leading to the Hog's Head bar in Hogsmeade. However, due to the nature of the Room of Requirement, it is possible that several passages to different locations could be accessed from it. This passage was discovered by Neville Longbottom during the 1997–1998 school year and is not shown on the Marauder's Map.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7