To detect dark objects
- Harry Potter: "What's that?"
- Professor Moody: "Secrecy Sensor. Vibrates when it detects concealment and lies... no use here, of course, too much interference—students in every direction lying about why they haven't done their homework."
- — The fake Alastor Moody explaining his Secrecy Sensor to Harry Potter.[src]
A Secrecy Sensor is a type of Dark Detector. It is shaped like an aerial, but it is gold in colour and very squiggly. It vibrates when it detects concealment and lies.
The Fake Alastor Moody had one in his office during the 1994–1995 school year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. However, it was no use to him at the school because it was constantly humming, as (supposedly) students were always nearby telling lies about why they had not completed their homework assignments. However, it is more likely the result of him masquerading as another.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game) (DS version)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Notes and references
- ↑ The physical description of a Secrecy Sensor is quite alike that of a Probity Probe, as such we are not sure what was used there.