During his first year at Hogwarts, Seamus and his fellow students were taught the Levitation Charm by Professor Flitwick, and were given feathers to practise on. Seamus accidentally set his feather on fire when he poked it with his wand, resulting in the feather combusting and requiring Harry to put it out with his hat. Also during Seamus' first year, he was known to have been trying to turn water into rum with disasturous results.
During his sixth year, while eagerly telling his fellow students in Charms class about what he'd do once he learned to Apparate, Seamus accidentally shot a jet of water from his wand that knocked Professor Flitwick on his face. As punishment, Flitwick set Seamus lines, writing "I am a wizard, not a baboon brandishing a stick."
Behind the scenes
- Like many British wizards, he may have purchased it at age eleven at Ollivanders.
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, instead of setting his feather in Charms on fire, it exploded and burned Seamus' face.
- The wand prop replica used in the films has black lines vaguely simliar to those of Lavender Brown's wand, however Seamus Finnigan's wand continues the spiralling pattern.
- According to Daniel Radcliffe, Devon Murray, who plays Seamus in the movies, holds the record for breaking the most prop wands during filming.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7