- "Turning the envelope over, his hand trembling, Harry saw a purple wax seal bearing a coat of arms; a lion, an eagle, a badger, and a snake surrounding a large letter H."
Sealing wax is a malleable material which, after melting, quickly hardens (onto paper, parchment, ribbons and wire, and other material) forming a bond that is difficult to separate without noticeable tampering. Sealing wax is primarily used to seal envelopes or documents.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4