|"There are plenty of eye-witness accounts. Just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you–"
This article contains of a list of appearances, but currently has few or no notes and references. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by adding notes and/or references to bring this article to a higher standard of quality.
|Length of average adult||
up to 100 feet
|Ministry of Magic Classification||
The sea serpent is an aquatic creature found in several oceans around the world including the Atlantic, Pacific, and Mediterrainean Sea. Reaching over a hundred feet long with a horse-like head and snake-like body, the sea serpent is a fearsome looking creature. Despite this, no Sea Serpent has ever been known to hurt a human, despite Muggle stories of encounters with the beasts. It rises in humps out of the water as it swims.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references