|"There are plenty of eye-witness accounts. Just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you–"
This article contains of a list of appearances, but currently has few or no notes and references. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by adding notes and/or references to bring this article to a higher standard of quality.
- Harry: "Hi, er, we're looking for talking Gargoyles? Can you, er, talk?"
- Gargoyle: "Yes."
- Harry: "Great."
- Gargoyle: "Glad you think so."
- Hermione: "Can I ask you a question? Are you happy with your position in life?"
- Gargoyle: "No, I'm not. I'd much rather be south-facing."
- Harry: "Let's go."
- Hermione: "Maybe I should talk to someone, see about getting him moved."
- Ron: "Yeah, we could stick him in Umbridge's office. That'd serve her right. Might be a bit cruel to the gargoyle though..."
- — Finding one of the five talking gargoyles.[src]
The Sarcastic Male Gargoyle was one of the talking gargoyles in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It was located in the Paved Courtyard of the castle. It tended to be a bit sardonic with anyone who talks to it.
During the 1995–1996 school year, Professor Binns assigned his Fifth year students the task of listing five talking gargoyles as a homework assignment. Harry Potter located the gargoyles as a favour to Dean Thomas so that he could attend the first meeting of Dumbledore's Army in the Room of Requirement.
Like the others, casting Incendio on the gargoyle would cause it to breathe fire.
Behind the scenes
- The gargoyle was voiced by Dominic Coleman in the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- The gargoyle's name was identified during the game's credits.
- Other conversations with the gargoyle:
- "I don't really have time for chit-chat right now."
- —Conversation 1[src]
- "Oh good. I'm really glad you decided to talk to me. That's really improved my day."
- —Conversation 2[src]
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (First appearance)