- "While there is precedent for a Seeker choosing to catch the Snitch if so doing will minimise the margin by which their team are about to lose (the most famous recent occasion being Viktor Krum's Snitch capture in the 1994 final), Snuka's counterpart Samuel Equiano was some distance away when he chose to snatch the Snitch from the air."
- —Ginny Potter, "NIGERIA VERSUS FIJI" (Daily Prophet, 14 May 2014)[src]
Samuel Equiano was a Nigerian wizard who played as the Seeker for the 2014 Nigerian National Quidditch team. During the second match of the 427th Quidditch World Cup, against Fiji, Samuel Equiano was quite some distance away from the Snitch when the opposing Seeker, Joseph Snuka, decided to catch it while his team was losing 400 to 10, much to the bewilderment of the commentators, the fury of the Fijian supporters and the jeers of the Nigerians.
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ Viktor Krum, born 1976, was the oldest player at the 2014 Quidditch World Cup.
- ↑ Pottermore - New from J.K. Rowling - Daily Prophet: 14 May 2014