Sally Smith (c. 1979-1980) was a witch who began attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1991. She was in the same year as Harry Potter and was Sorted into either Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, or Slytherin house.
Behind the scenes
- Smith appeared on the student list shown by J. K. Rowling in Harry Potter and Me, but her given name was only partially visible, appearing to begin with "Ge-". On Pottermore, Rowling revealed that the character's given name was originally "Georgina," but that this was crossed out and replaced with "Sally."
- It is possible Sally is one of the many unidentified Hufflepuff girls. She is likely in Hufflepuff because one of her possible ancestors is Helga Hufflepuff.
Notes and references
- ↑ World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling
- ↑ J. K. Rowling's original list of forty students contains five males and five females from each house. As all five Ravenclaw females are known, the remaining females whose houses are unknown must be in one of the other three houses.
- ↑ Pottermore (transcription available here)